Thanks for the well wishes guys - I have stop hurling my guts out [much to my dismay, because my stomach has become incredibly tight after all the hurling] but the cough, and the fatigue is still here. Hopefully it all goes away soon cos' I've got too much work to not be working!
* My favourite Leo men Happy birthday, my favourite Leos - my super cute boyfriend, J, turns a whole year older. He's half a world away, but we've Skyped just last night. :o) Happy birthday, babe! Can't wait till you're back! My baby brother is no longer a baby - he turns 21 this Saturday! The best has yet to come, kiddo! Enjoy the Kindle I got you - I know, I am the awesomest sister in the world.
* Karl Lagerfeld for Macy's "Some of it will be a reach," is how a Macy's executive described the chain's limited edition line by Karl Lagerfeld coming out August 31 in 235 Macy's stores and online. A shot of a dress from the collection, which includes 45 pieces ranging from $50 to $70, has already appeared in Vogue, but the full thing, the full Karl-ness of it all, is only out now. - The Cut. I'm eyeing the pretty pink frock in the middle. So pretty, no?
* FEVER AVENUE's Homegrown feature The lovely folks at webzine FEVER AVENUE interviewed me for a National Day feature. It's such a lovely writeup - just remind me never to take photos face-front ever again.
* How to talk to little girls I love this article. It's so easy to focus on a girl's appearances:
Teaching girls that their appearance is the first thing you notice tells them that looks are more important than anything. It sets them up for dieting at age 5 and foundation at age 11 and boob jobs at 17 and Botox at 23. As our cultural imperative for girls to be hot 24/7 has become the new normal, American women have become increasingly unhappy.
Next time an adorable little girl sits next to you, ask her what her favourite storybook is. :o)
* Can You Serve? Have you been catching the new season of Can You Serve? If you haven't, check out the videos on Youtube. And in case the credits are too fast for you to catch my name, I've very kindly included a screen grab of my name. Heh heh.
* Devil Wears Prada 'Cept this one is for real.
What's on your Love List, kids?