Yes, I'm neither American, nor in America, but I am festive, so Happy Thanksgiving, dollface! I can't believe the last week of the second last month of the year is almost upon us, and I have so much to be thankful for!
* Healthy relationships I was just thinking about this yesterday. People who are in my life, whom I communicate and are in touch with are people who I've chosen to be a part of my life. I'm not obligated because of ties, I don't have to be all PR-y with these people, and that's the way I'd like it to be. People in my life are people who I want to be part of me. I like to think I've eliminated every bad blood, and every toxic individual. I was watching the lastest episode of The New Normal, and their last scene had a wonderful quote:
"Family is who you choose, it's the relatives who are chosen for you."
And God only knows how much I detest my relatives. ;o)
My family is J, and my parents, and my brother, and Fadzlin and Denise, and Andrea and all the people I surround myself with that make me happy, who I turn to when I need help, who will be there for me even though they were fuming mad at me the day before. Because that's what family is.
* A future I'm thankful for a future. I love knowing that the best years of my life have yet to come, and I love that I know whose hand I will be holding while taking on the world together.
* Allegra I can't even begin to tell you how thankful I am for Allegra. If you have been given shitty, absolutely useless antihistamines to tackle your eczema or allergies, ask for Fexofenadine. On days when I want to tear out my skin, I pop two and I get completely knocked out and wake up blissful. It's amazing.
* A great job I may complain that I have to use a PC at work [serious fucking piece of shit, the Windows platform] every single day, but I have a kickass job and wicked colleagues. I never thought I'd actually enjoy going back to working in an office after working from home for so long. Who'd have thunk?!
* All the travelling I've done in the past year, and all the travelling I'm about to do Every year, I'm in disbelief at the places I've been, the places I've slept in, and the places that I still have yet to see! This year, J and I have gone to the Gili Islands and Boracay together, and I've gone to LA twice, and in 22 days [!!] for the third time, where I'll be spending a longer time there. Then we're flying to the East Coast for the holidays, which means in total, back and forth, I'll be in six different planes, travelling almost 34,000km all over the place all over the world just in the next month. Holy crap.
* Functioning everything Yes, I could lose some inches, yes, I could have a little less allergies, yes, I could have smaller feet, but I'm thankful for functioning everything, and being able to walk, and practice yoga and do the things I want to do. I'm thankful for the ability to think, and to push myself into realms of physical and mental engagement that lets me be better than yesterday's Faz. Because life is not proving that you're better than other people, it's about making sure that your today self is better than yesterday's.
* My wardrobe Who am I kidding? I love my wardrobe. There are things in there that would be family heirloom: There are shoes that I would keep for a lifetime, beautiful coats and dresses that would wonderfully be vintage chic and quirky bags and weird jewellery that would take a future generation to love as much and appreciate. I have bought some awesome things this year that I've worn over and over. Quality over quantity, although I have to give in to Hello Kitty tees from time to time. ;o)
And there you go, that's my 2012 Thanksgiving Love List. Let's make this a new thedramadiaries tradition, shall we? What are you thankful for?